Monday, February 27, 2006

My Paintings

My paintings are about experiences and that sense of delight . . . I know it is probably easy to understand for you guys, but please, I'm trying to learn and I don't want you guys to be rude to me.

My paintings are in the collection of the Regis Foundation Minneapolis, so it's probably easy to understand how such things as rain could affect the progress of building your pool.

Given our lack of fins or gas bladders, it's probably easy to understand why swimming is such a challenge to humans, and why my paintings are starting to clutter up my home, though friends and family are doing a good job of taking the best ones “off my hands.”

My paintings are based on and inspired by Santeria, an average of the D scores, readily comprehended by a typical reader of sound synthesis articles.

So it's probably easy to understand why some people were just simply unable to recognize many of these men in my often light-hearted paintings, riddled with humorous hidden commentaries about life and the true importance of our world.

All of the titles of my paintings are from snippets of her poetry; for example: “Cruelty is Flashier than Gentleness,” “It Has a Marketable Hardness,” “If it's Aggressive,” “It's Probably Easy to Understand,” “And Easy to Enforce.”

For two main reasons: first, and this is probably easy to understand, I love talking about something that marked a real turning point in my life. Secondly, and aside from this context, my paintings are witnesses of fascination and respect toward the environment, or the glow of sun and moon reflected in the grass, water, snow, and skies, which Wordsworth and other poets mention as the joy (or correspondence of the inner glow) of our soul.

Some of my paintings are thirty feet long and take about three months, and others are about one centimeter long and can be found on the fingernails of women I have known.

That's actually not true, but given this explanation it's probably easy to understand how this reputation began, affected as I am by symbolism. In fact, my paintings are frequently depictions of depictions: people, places and things that I know and see everyday, as seen by imagined (by me) spectators.

My paintings are both spontaneous and international, and not about Jersey.

So now the reason for cold calls is probably quite simple to grasp. After all, they're calling strangers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

True.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home